Mollat and TRAM NIGHTMARE

One more chore to do for "Back to School". Catrin needs a "Cahier de l'écriture chinoise" (Chinese writing notebook) which costs just 1.50€ at Mollat, is unobtainable anywhere else and which Mollat sold out of quickly.

I know now which shelf to look on, having looked with various shop assistants, so I was able to go straight to the pile and get it. Then off to the church to meet with the leaders of the Chinese group and Patrick.

NIGHTMARE ! There was a football match between Bruges and Bordeaux, the stadium is near the tramline so the trams were all disrupted. Pat was stuck going the other way !

Anyway a tram came along and we all squashed in. Sardine tins are spacious, I can tell you !

More people squashed in. "Can"t you move further into the carriage ?" "Frankly no..."

We moved off. The tram did an emergency stop.

Screams.
We all fall over.
My arm is trapped behind a metal rail.
I listen for the crack. 

No crack comes. Phew ! But the lady next to me is spooked and she has to leave the tram at the next stop. I inveigle my way into a space and end up sitting down till we get to the church.

Poor Patrick is trapped in a budget meeting so with the Chinese leaders (Hu, Wen and so on... Yeah, you've all heard the jokes...) we discuss the way ahead. It's a good time. We pray before parting and one guy is upset. I won't tell you who but you don't need a doctorate in psychology to work it out.

Home. Tram and bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen