English classes

In the FAC free English classes I take the advanced group. They're a fine bunch of folk and very good at English. And I made the rash mistake of asking them what they'd like to see in the coming year. The reply included a survey of English literature.

Hmm. They know that my degree was in Biology and I worked in computers before becoming a pastor ?

So one of this morning's big tasks was to get on Google and look for surveys of English Literature and syllabuses for GCSE or A Level. They don't want to study texts in depth - just to get an overview and maybe find authors that are to their taste.

Well syllabuses were no good whatsoever, but Wikipedia seems to be my best friend, followed by some American universities that put overviews of literature in iTunes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen