Ah bon !

France is going through a series of slimming down cuts in public expenditure.
At the Elysée no more garden parties.
The number of government websites will be reduced drastically.

Meanwhile here's a whistle blower on stupefying wastefulness in public life.

I remember when I started in computing getting a letter from a student friend who'd been taken on by a major software house. They'd rejected me. Anyway she'd been there three months and had been given NOTHING AT ALL to do. I hink they later laid her off, along with all who joined the company with her.

Meanwhile where I worked we were doing lots of training but in between we were told to sit at our desks and look busy. I got lucky and got some benchmarks to do, but it was a couple of months before things got going properly.

But can you imagine when it's like that ALL THE TIME...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen