Why France?

I love my work. I love my church www.deeside.org.uk. I love the AECW www.aecw.org.uk. I even love chairing the Regional Council and sitting on committees www.emw.org.uk. Of course, all these things often do my head in, but I love them. So why think of leaving this behind to go to France?

It all started 11 years ago with our honeymoon in Spain. The needs of continental Europe came home to us with a thump. I began to learn Spanish, and to take a keener interest in mission to Spain, but with no sense that we should go to work there ourselves.

Then about 5 years ago we visited France for the first time. If Spain is needy, France is very needy! Lots of factors became important in my mind. 60 years ago British people fought hard for France's political freedom. But what of her spiritual freedom? Shouldn't we work harder and more sacrificially for that? I seem to be able to learn languages. Pat is plucky and adventurey and is willing to go. The kids are young enough. We have no parents. If we can't go, who can? But how, with whom and where? There didn't seem to be any obvious path ahead. Till UFM & Bordeaux. It seemed that God was opening a door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen