I'm very excited!

Tomorrow Pat, Catrin and I have tickets for a morning concert at Bordeaux's new auditorium.

I say new, it's been there a year but I have yet to see the innards of the place. Either tickets are outside our league, or for the free concerts they did to celebrate the opening I was not sufficiently tuned in to get tickets.

Anyway the Cape Town Opera are currently in town doing Porgy and Bess - very good, apparently, and they're doing a choral concert at the auditorium which was offered to pupils in the music schools, plus their parents. So we're off.

(We also have tickets for Pat and I for a morning concert in March when a wind quintet are doing a quick burst through the history of music for wind quintets. "The Wind Quintet from Haydn to Cage". I'll love that. Pat will hate it, but she chose to come anyway!)

Afterwards we're invited to the home of the new President of the Presbyteral Council for lunch. He lives out of the city, so we have reserved a car from Autocool. And near the auditorium they have a Yaris Hybrid. So we get to go out for a drive in a Yaris Hybrid. Woohoo!

I'll let you know how it all goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen