les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Sunday, January 26, 2014

FORTY MINUTES !

My old Windows laptop was playing up the other day. I think the USB controller is on the blink, so I turned the thing off.

BIG mistake.

Last night when I came in I found that Gwilym needed the music printing out for the service this morning at Cenon.
The excellent programme for doing this is not yet available for Mac, so I had to start up the laptop to do it.

OK. I got up and put the kettle on, then went upstairs and turned on the computer.

Downstairs and made a cup of tea and my porridge, ate the porridge and drank the tea.
Went upstairs. Is the PC ready ? Not yet.

OK. Shower time.  Had my shower. Is the PC easy ? Not yet.

FORTY MINUTES it took for that wretched thing to get itself into a fit state to print out the music.

FORTY MINUTES !

No comments: