les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The good news then the bad news then the good news then the ...

Well I started off by booking the children's flights for camp and the Aber Conference.
All done - under 200 euros for the two of them Bordeaux to Gatwick.

I thought "while I'm at it let's look at flying to Geneva for those preachers' workshops in Lausanne." Flying there was OK but coming back - far too expensive !

OK - what about that wedding in the summer ? OUCH !

Oh dear. So far so not very good. What about the Colloque in Lyon - that's the other thing I'm supposed to be going to. That was OK ! Good news.

So kids set up for camp and me set up for the colloque.

Then a phone call from Lausanne reminding me that there'd be a preaching fee involved which would cover at least part of my ticket. OK - I'm on my way !

No comments: