Claudio Monteverdi - Vespers 1610 - Duo serafim

I'm sure that I have posted this to the blog before but I do it again wholeheartedly simply for its beauty. The text is below.

Claudio Monteverdi: Vespro della Beata Vergine (1610).

Concerto: Duo Seraphim.

(Tribus vocibus)

Duo Seraphim clarnabant alter ad alterum:
Sanctus Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
Plena est omnis terra gloria eius.
Tres sunt, qui testimonium dant in coelo:
Pater, Verbum et Spiritus Sanctus.
Et hi tres unum sunt.
Sanctus Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
Plena est omnis terra gloria eius.

Concerto: Duo Seraphim.

(For three voices)

The two seraphims cried unto each other:
"Holy is the Lord of Hosts.
The whole earth is full of His glory."
There are three that bear witness in Heaven:
the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit;
and these three are one.
"Holy is the Lord God of Hosts.
The whole earth is full of his glory".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One difference between we French and the anglo-saxon mindset is that

A bit about music exams in UK and France

Three weeks in Blighty