"Puritan prayer"

They sang this on Sunday evening at our church in North Wales.

BLESSED SPIRIT OF THE KING
Of grace and love the Author
Work repentance deep within
And bend me at Your altar
Melt my heart with majesty
Then show my ruined self to me
Teach me to more clearly see
Your might and will to save me

Here I place without reserve
My soul in faith and meekness
Trusting in Christ’s power and love
To flourish in my weakness
Cause my days on earth to be
Through time and through eternity
A trophy of His victory
A monument to mercy

Teach me to behold my God
And trust His power to save me
Arms outstretched in constant love
Whose strength will never fail me
Help me to commune with Him
Depend and follow after Him
That through my life His peace will reign
And joy be my companion

Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2006 Thankyou Music

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Alan - do you have the tune for this? Or know where I might get it? And why do you call it 'Puritan prayer'? Is that his title for it?
Alan said…
Hi there !

Puritan prayer is his title for it.

I think the music can be had in pdf format for about £1.50. A google search will confirm or otherwise.

It can be heard on the album "Monument of mercy"

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen