It's weird, but yesterday I had sudden bouts of homesickness

In the tunnel of Bordeaux St Jean station - flashbacks to the tunnel of Cardiff Central.

On the tram going along by the river - a sudden glimpse of the neoclassical building in Chester near the Handbridge.

An urge to have lunch in the foyer of St Davids Hall in Cardiff. I've not done that for about 20 years !

My general tactic with these things is to spend a little while enjoying the memories of the good things that have passed, and then think of the good things of now and to come. I don't know if that's wise or not, but at least it's pleasant !

For example, I often think of the nicest house I ever lived in - the house in Bedavere Close in Cardiff. It was just great. Typical 1980s build - almost none of the doors fitted their frames properly, but the shape and design of the house just worked well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, but it did have paper-thin walls, did it not?
Alan said…
They were certainly not thick walls, but I wouldn't say paper-thin.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen