So THAT's why I waited so long to do it

The car is four years old and due it's first Contrôle Technique. However, the address on the registration document was still Villenave. You have a month to change it, cough, cough...

So this morning bright and early (well, early anyway) I hopped on the tram for the préfecture. Last time I did this you had to queue three times - once to get your documents checked, once to hand your documents in and once to take your documents out. I was encouraged to see that they had done away with queue 1. "Maybe it will be quicker this time", I thought.

"Three hours ?" That's what the lady said when I went to the desk to ask what time they closed and whether my documents had been lost. She said "Which window did you go to ?" but wasn't surprised when I couldn't remember. To be honest with you I was beginning to forget why I was there at all...

Anyway, they ran around a bit and printed out my new registration document and I left vowing not to move house or change the car for as long as I possibly can ! Still - I read quite a bit of Meurtre en soutane (Death in Holy Orders) while I was there. Two people died (in the book) and I began to wonder if I would die there too (in the préfecture).

And the contrôle technique is booked for next Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen