Our supermarket

Our recent experiments to find the cheapest supermarket had a predictable result. We stuck with the one near us.

And they're refitting it. The dishes and plates now look very smart indeed, and just look at our romantic salads - gently misted. I know where I'll be loitering next summer if the misters are still working. It certainly works, too. I was overcome with the desire to buy a scarolle at 1€69, but I resisted manfully.

Meanwhile in the freezers these Giant Savage Prawns caught my eye.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

joydriven said…
maybe if you stick with that, you will win even more stuff equally cool as your raclette set. that was awesome.

i don't know what a savage prawn is. but then, i don't even know what a prawn is. a fish? a truffle? some distant relative of the caper?

(don't use these comments for any english class examples.)
Alan said…
At the moment we are saving up our points for our midwinter holiday time (around 25 December)!

You don't have prawns ? They're like shrimp that have been working out.
So is that jus' a supermarket or is it one of those gigantic hypermarches that are almost as big as ASDA?
Anonymous said…
What can one say except Lett-uce be thankful! I can't eat prawns by the way. They make me sick - so do crabs.
Alan said…
It's kind of medium size, which is scary but not terrifying.

The Carrefour at Bègles and Mérignac are so enormous they are things of nightmare, and the Auchan at Bordeaux Lac brings me out in a cold sweat just to think about it.

I don't like prawns or crabs either, but French lettuces (which are many and varied) are brill. And to think that I remember getting excited about Iceberg !

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen