OK - here's for a little medical adventure...

During the service yesterday I became aware of a slight irritation in my left eyelid. By the end of the service it was swelling up. This morning it is decidedly uncomfortable, very swollen and hard to keep open.

So I went to see the doctor. She had a good look with her big illuminated magnifying glass and she says it's a bite, so I have a borax eyewash and gauzes to wash my eyelid with, and oxytetracycline cream to squirt into my eye.



The pharmacist said that the cream is orange and turns your eye orange, so he suggested I do both eyes. Nice.

Funnily enough, we were talking to the mother of a friend of Catrin's in the supermarket the other day - she reckons she caught a virus from a warm draught which caused her eyes to swell up like melons. Yes ! She had photos to prove it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks to me a bit like the Monster from the Deep Lagoon. Argh!
Anonymous said…
On a slightly more sympathetic note, I reeeely do hope that it clears up soon.
Alan said…
I am all cleared up now.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen