What a night! What a day!

It's these little crises that build relationships and remind you that you are not yet in heaven..

It all started on Wednesday night when we forgot that Gwilym had grammar homework to do. At bedtime, exhausted, he said that he would do it in the morning before school. Well there was too much so he simply had to confess to not having done it.

(In fact, compulsory homework in primary schools is forbidden in France as an egalitarian measure. I'll explain if anyone emails me..)

So he hadn't done his homework, they covered the work in class and the teacher said Gwilym should copy the lesson out twice that evening. Perfectly fine - it would help him remember.

Except he forgot to bring the book home. It is now Thursday bedtime and he is siezed with extreme grief. And it's only grammar homework! Except it isn't. He also has the stroppy girls on his table in class issue again.

So we prayed about it, slept on it (what a stupid saying that is) and this morning I wrote another brief letter and we set off for school. My first class (Synthèse) wasn't till 9 so I would probably see the headmistress with Pat and then get to DEFLE in time.

Except that Catrin forgot her swimsuit! So I dropped them at school, zoomed back home, got the stuff and JUST made it back to the school for 9:15 and Catrin's swimming class! Pat had seen the head, so we scuttled off to DEFLE to get to my class 1/2 hour late with brief but strong apologies. (I prefer désolé to pardon or ... yuk ... excuse-moi)

Upshot? Gwilym has been moved off the table of stroppy girls. Oh, and he did his homework in the lunchbreak.

He said "One of them called me a con. What does that mean?"
I said, "Ask your teacher."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen