Well - I changed the software at Planete Saturn

The chappie was not convinced - the second box we opened had different numbers on CD and box, too. Still - what can you do but try?

Fail - that's what you can do. Again I got Microsoft Customer Support. Again the lady told me to change the disk. I said "I can't change it again. They are all like it. Please tell me what I can do to make it work." (Apart from demand my money back, migrate to Linux, stick to OpenOffice and cock a snook at the evil empire...)

She put me on to a charming man in India.

He talked to me for a while, then gave me a number to ring in tech support.

They took my name and number and said they'd ring me tomorrow .

So I went to mow the lawn. For some people mowing the lawn relieves their pent-up frustrations. For me it allows my mind to freewheel and revolve around my resentment at this stupid, fallen world. I am sure it's bad for me. If ever I go crazy it will be while mowing the lawn.

While I was mowing and seething, Microsoft Tech Support rang and explained that they have a problem with their activation database at the moment, so it isn't the two numbers being different, it isn't anything about the software. It's them.

There we are then. Hopefully when I try next Monday it will work.

Comments

Alan said…
It DID work, later that same day.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen