"Risen"

What a pair of gadabouts! This morning found us at the CGR Cinéma Français near Place Gambetta to see "Risen", or as we saw it, "La Resurrection du Christ".

What are my thoughts?

Well it's pretty well done. Joseph Alberic Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes carries the main role well and makes Clavius the tribune seem quite credible as a character. The Christ figure is very cuddly, people want to crowd around him and hug him. There's an awful lot of hugging in the film, but hey.

There is a little of the old opposition of head and heart thing.
"You gotta feel it in yer heart", says the Magdalene.

I'd feel OK taking certain folk to see it. Others, no. It would depend.

I suppose the thing that struck me most is no angels. I am not sure that western people are very comfortable with the unseen world at the moment, so angels didn't figure.

The other thing that struck me was the ascension. No cloud. Instead we had a nuclear explosion.

That's us, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen