les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Monday, May 30, 2016

Last Friday's run, and this morning's

Last Friday I had a most splendid time. The sunrise was wonderful and I met a little labrador puppy who was taking his owner for a walk. I first saw them attempting to cross an empty road as I ran down it. The dog was keen to follow me but he couldn't get his owner to cooperate. A nice little training challenge.

As I came up alongside the vines I met them again, as I thought I would. "Alors, qui promène qui?" I asked the guy. "Bonne question." he said. His dog was just adorable. Again he fancied running on with me, but his owner had other Ideas, so I left them having a nice tug of war as I continued on.

The morning continued with breakfast on the terrace. Porage al fresco.

This morning I saw them again and met them more or less in the same place.

"Ah, j'espérais te voir!" I said to the dog.

"On vous attendait."

"Alors, est-ce qu'il est un peu plus sage? Il commence a comprendre qu'il faut te suivre?"

"Oh, ça va venir."

"Non, je parlais pas à vous, je parlais au chien..."

"Ah oui..."





No comments: