les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Monday, September 17, 2012

Photos the British Press wouldn't print

Here's the first batch. This is from last Friday when Gwilym and I went to the Mitchell's for a meal (Catrin has been unwell this weekend with la crève - the kind of cold you get at the start of term.)





Tim and Suzanne are very happy in their flat, and I am relieved ! I don't think I unduly influenced them when I did all I felt right to do to persuade them to take the nice, light first-floor flat with a big balcony rather than one of the dark little basement hobbit holes that, it has to be said, were substantially cheaper.

As I say, I don't think I unduly influenced them. They are big enough to make up their own minds, after all. But it's still good to see them happily settled in !

Incidentally some French words are just glorious. For example :

compétitivité.. Somehow the uniform vowels lift the French word high above the base English.

créée.. le monde a été créé, of course, while la terre a été créée


1 comment:

Alan Davey said...

Oh, and in the Express poster, François Hollande is thinking "and what if Sarkozy was right..."