les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

People thinking about preaching

Here's some links to some articles about preaching.

The first, here, talks about perceived need to hit a six every sermon and the dangers involved in having a wrong view of how preaching works.

Incidentally some time ago (some years ago) I was preaching on a passage and felt I needed some help to know how others tackled it. So I looked at the websites of preachers known for reliably hitting a six every sermon.

And guess what I found.

None of them had ever preached on the passage I had to deal with. Hah !

The second, here, talks about preachers and their critics.

Both are worth a read and reflecting on.

No comments: