"Internet dating sites"

On MSN, Internaute etc., there's adverts for internet dating sites - sites de rencontres.

In a survey published this week in the Metro free newspaper, 29% of men aged 20 - 24 use a site de rencontres, and 27% of women. I suspect that it is hard for people to meet otherwise.

There's lots of information in the survey, but it is all summed up by a psychologist who says : (excerpts and translation - beware!)

Women's behaviour is becoming more and more like men's ... it's a behaviour of consumption, which short-circuits attraction and seduction... One seeks firstly to consume, with a certain authenticity, as the use of internet dating sites shows.

Comments

Gary Brady said…
Hey, Alan, I thought I sent you two interesting comments but they don't seem to have appeared one was a reminisce about hearing the Londonderry Air on atine whistle in Londonderry adn the other about my ionce thinking Louis Segond was a French King from way back. Ah well, dyna ni. Not important.
Alan said…
Sorry Gary. Never got 'em.

Send 'em again. I bet they were gems.
Gary Brady said…
Well, I haven't got'em now have I. Anyway, I gave you the gist above. Moment's gone. Guess who I saw tonight at the Strict Baptist History get together? Phil Hill. He's been in Beds in a BU(?)church (Late on Buzz hard)11 years. Nice chat. PS What do you make those photo grids with?
Alan said…
Yes! I knew Phil was in Leighton Buzzard, though it's a LONG time since I saw him. I read his book about churches for the new millenium and stuff.

Pity about the lost comments. I just want to say how privileged I feel to have you among my readers and especially to have a published author comment on the blog (and a blogueur extraordinaire)

I saw photo montages on Andrew King's blog and thought them incredibly cool, but I didn't know HOW he did them, and I assumed they took AGES to do. Then I saw them on Pat's blog (pat-in-france).

It's right there in Picasa. You select the photos you want to montage and hit montage.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen