Groupe Rive Gauche



was last night. It was different people from in February. I suppose if everyone came at the same time you'd get quite a gang.

One of the chaps showed us one of his Bible Study scrolls. He cut up two Bibles and pasted the pages together onto long strips of card. The strip he showed us contained the epistles.

Then using colour and pictures and arrows etc. he draws connections hither and yon in the letter. I don't remember seeing links from letter to letter, but he could do that.

It ended up looking like (in the words of one chap) a Jackson Pollock, but I was very impressed. Se had it with him at the prayer meeting, so I took two photos, one with flash, one without (and it was gloomy in our prayer meeting shed). This section is 1 Corinthians. Glorious, isn't it!

A church in London had a tract produced of Mark's gospel in map format that you could fold up like a map (ha ha!) and put in your pocket to read easily on the tube. Brilliant. You could also stick it onto card and draw multicoloured arrows everywhere.

Now how small could I print out Mark using my printer? Could I get it on two sides of A4? On four sides?

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW. Can you still read the original text? No, seriously it shows a great deal of thought and meditation on the Bible and however one may do that I'm all for it. Would that many more of us would get off the computer and take time with God and His Word!

I still get a bit of a shudder thinking about tearing that blessed book up, but you see that is my hang up which is bordering on superstition. The paper and ink is not magical in any sense of the word, so tearing the pages (Shudder, shudder!) to stick them in a different format is fine. Honestly it is. So long as we don't add or take away, that is OK. Really it is, isn't it!?
Alan said…
Well I spent a little time getting Mark onto 4 side of A4. It's REALLY SMALL PRINT, but I plan to stick the four sheets together and plan out Mark's sections and "sandwiches". If I do it prettily enough I may even stick it on the wall.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen