les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Well that was a funny Easter

Our friend Peter came back from holidays all full of lovely energy so there was a mini mission of the Open Air Campaigners last week in Bordeaux. Pat and I went along as we could, which for me meant Tuesday and Wednesday and for Pat, Friday. 

On Friday, Good Friday, a time of prayer was scheduled followed by open air preaching. I sat happily on the bus heading into town and wondered why I was aching in strange places after my morning run. 

I mean, why my shoulders? Why my head? And why all the shaking?

By the time I got to where the others were it was pretty clear I had the flu or something, so I was despatched straight back home to bed with ibuprofen, paracetamol and lots of coffee and water.

And there I stayed until Sunday, basically. James was preaching on part of 1 Corinthians 15, Christ the first fruits. I got to the service, got home and got back to bed.

Yesterday I stayed up all day! Yay! And a gang of folk came round to eat, play, hunt eggs in our tiny garden and then watch the Village. 

Today I feel - well yesterday I was an origami man - made of folded paper. 
Today I am bone china. Still fragile but a bit stronger.

No comments: