les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Had I not been there I wouldn't have believed it

Brother Sam arrived at 9:15 and after our friends who'd driven from Mérignac to use the phone had finished, we zoomed off to the airport, then I continued to Eysines, sent down amazing wrong turnings by my gps which was having a funny turn. In fact so was I. Several funny turns. I refused to do a U-turn on the motorway. Anyway I got there.

It was the assemblée constituante of the section girondine of the CNEF, and I got there on the dot of 10. Not bad going. There were loads of us there, lots from the ADD churches and works. We set ourselves a finishing time of 12 and decided that we would review the guidelines for local sections of CNEF and then elect a group of 5 representatives, one for each of the big groups that make up the cnef (ADD, pentecostal/charismatic, FEF, FPF and "non-church works"). Then considering the large concentration of non-church works in Bordeaux we decided to have two representatives for them, ADD and others ! We works people went outside to choose our representatives. It was further decided to propose a non-Frenchman and by now you can probably see where this is going.

Thus at 12:20 the meeting was closed in prayer with a group of 5 chaps in place to adapt the standard CNEF working documents to our local situation and circulate them round for comment before our next plenary session in November.

I came out quite amazed by the efficiency ! Brilliant !

No comments: