Had I not been there I wouldn't have believed it

Brother Sam arrived at 9:15 and after our friends who'd driven from Mérignac to use the phone had finished, we zoomed off to the airport, then I continued to Eysines, sent down amazing wrong turnings by my gps which was having a funny turn. In fact so was I. Several funny turns. I refused to do a U-turn on the motorway. Anyway I got there.

It was the assemblée constituante of the section girondine of the CNEF, and I got there on the dot of 10. Not bad going. There were loads of us there, lots from the ADD churches and works. We set ourselves a finishing time of 12 and decided that we would review the guidelines for local sections of CNEF and then elect a group of 5 representatives, one for each of the big groups that make up the cnef (ADD, pentecostal/charismatic, FEF, FPF and "non-church works"). Then considering the large concentration of non-church works in Bordeaux we decided to have two representatives for them, ADD and others ! We works people went outside to choose our representatives. It was further decided to propose a non-Frenchman and by now you can probably see where this is going.

Thus at 12:20 the meeting was closed in prayer with a group of 5 chaps in place to adapt the standard CNEF working documents to our local situation and circulate them round for comment before our next plenary session in November.

I came out quite amazed by the efficiency ! Brilliant !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen