Fact-finding trip

Tomorrow I go to near Bourg-en-Bresse for a three-day fact-finding trip about International Churches in France. It happened like this.

The pastor of the church here, though French, is supported by an American mission, Global Outreach Ministries. He went to their mission conference in Switzerland recently and there mat another GOM man who is involved in establishing and encouraging international church in France with the goal of harnessing internationals to stimulate the national church. Apparently 40% of the folks in international churches in France are French people.

Now Bordeaux is a prime place for there to be an international church. There already is an Anglican Chaplaincy here and CofE services each Sunday in English. I think it is inevitable that something "interdenominational" comes to the city at some stage.

The question is do we stand aside, do we get involved or do we initiate?

So I am going to find out and report back to the folk here. It's a long train journey, which I shall enjoy. I'll take books and my camera.

But I won't take my pen so I can't sign up to anything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen