4D baby imaging and abortion

We Daveys have seen a lot of scans of babies recently as our nephews' wives have babies in the north, in the west, in the south; babies everywhere! But I have never seen one of these 4D scans that have so set the cat among the pigeons.

Some doctors and scientists say that seeing the scans of babies at various stages of development, and seeing their baby-like movements and seeing the baby-like expressions on their faces and seeing the baby-like way they seem to respond to stimuli must not confuse us. These are not actually babies at all, and their development may be stopped and they may be destroyed, and it is not like killing a baby.

Click on the title of the post to see what the man who developed the 4D imaging technique says.

I wonder if some people are not saying "I have made up my mind - don't confuse me with more evidence!"?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Away to go Dr Campbell!
Even discounting the enotive language and arguements (which I love) the purely clinical facts of how early unborn babies can survive outside the womb is surely a valid and solid ground for lowering the age at which a child can be aborted.
I wonder, was it wise to name his opponents? I'm sure it's a good way of putting pressure on them but in the climate of unfortunate extreme meaasures that some campaigners will go to, will it put them at risk?
Has there been any research done on the effects of abortion on the mothers? Knowing personally what motherhood means and the fierce emotional attachments that there are I just feel so sorry for those affected.
God's way is always right isn't - just see how we make a mess of things.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen