Well we are just about ready.

The removers say they dismantle and mantle furniture that is dismantleable, so I am going to let them dismantle and mantle the bunk beds because I can't be bothered. I expect they have the knack now, anyway - probably more than I do.

Our whole team came over to help with the packing up and cleaning today, that is Carol and Fiona. We were very grateful, especially considering that today is their day off, and they had both already had a very full week - Fiona at the European UFM Conference in Tossa de Mar, Carol covering for her.

I took a load of rubbish down to the dump, which closes at 6pm. But not tonight. It closed at 5:45, three cars in front of me. So I bought all the rubbish back home again and I'll try once more in the morning.

There remains a small amount to do this evening - dig out the "état des lieux" from last July, when Carol went through the place with the proprietors noting defects. Take down the curtain pole in our room and in the shower. Print off a RIB so the landlords can refund whatever we end up being due from the deposit. Read the meters with the new tenant. A few odds and ends like that. Once the removers are out, dust and hoover everywhere and mop throughly.

Then Bob's your uncle and we're off.

I'm sad to leave this house. It's been very easy to live in - I could get used to renting! Our landlords are great. The area is very much on the edge of the city - almost like living in the countryside.

But the Pessac house will end up much cheaper (especially long term), we'll have more room, it'll be more useful in ministry and it's better placed for public transport and for the kids' schools. Once we move in and make it our own it'll be fine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well it sounds as if you have everything under control. No need for me to come and help after all.
The cryptic comments previously left by Ken refer to a seven mile midnight hike through a forest hillside between 10 pm and 1.30 on Friday night / Saturday morning. We took our youth out and then brought them back to church for a sleepover. Suckers for punishment or what! Actually, I'm fit as a fiddle- now.
Alan said…
Oh the things one does, eh?

Glad you're fit as a fiddle - now.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen