What a palaver!

This morning was the special Culte de la Réforme (Reformation Sunday service).

That meant there were lots of hymns to type in from A Toi la Gloire and various extra bits to put in the Powerpoint. The order of service arrived early, before I even went to the student centre, so I set to it.

Well - I did a typo in the chorus of a hymn, which meant that FOUR TIMES we sang le flamme instead of la flamme. FOUR TIMES! The irony was that I know perfectly well that flammes are girls, and I had said la flamme about 5 minutes earlier in an intro I had to do.

Yes - today it was my turn to introduce the confession of faith and the offering.

Well that's ok, now I have my natty PowerPoint remote, so this morning was the first time to use it in anger.

And it didn't work! We went from page 1 of the confession of faith to ... stubbornly stuck on page 1!

How irritating!

Still, the offering bit went OK.

Then Sammy had done this slide for 2 Tim 3:16, with words twirling and all sorts - but he left out that part of the service completely, so that meant that during the short prayer after the reading I had to press the button several times to get past all the twirls onto the blank slide just before the final hymn.

Andy (PowerPoint man in Deeside), I never appreciated you like I should have.

R E S P E C T, man, respect.

Comments

Alan said…
There's a postscript to this. Carol had to use the same PowerPoint in the afternoon at St Aubin de Blaye, and she had just the same problems. Nightmare.
Anonymous said…
Have you thought of using a program like Easislides? You can download it free from www.easislides.com and it avoids many of the problems with powerpoint.
Alan said…
Thanks, T, I'll look at it.

Le Patron http://lepatron.tapor.ualberta.ca/ would catch wrong genders, but I was in a rush this w/e! I normally run the text through it. It's a great genderchecker!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen