Aïe aïe aïe - transport to the centre!

It will be good to be living in Pessac.

Yesterday evening I left the house before 6 to go to the centre for the Thursday evening Bible study (John 4:43 - 5:18, linking it with the Samaritan village, too, hence Samaria -> Galilee -> Jerusalem).

Anyway, the traffic was normal but the parking in town was appalling! There were cars EVERYWHERE! I circled round fruitlessly for about half an hour before eventually I found a space, by which time I was a quarter of an hour late! Nightmare!

Now then - from Pessac I'll be able to drive to the nearest tram stop and hop on the tram. It'll be much more flexible. The tram doesn't go anywhere near Villenave and the last bus leaves the city centre just before 9pm.

Comments

Alan said…
Not only that, but I checked up on how to get from the student centre to near our house, and there is a knight bus that leaves as late as 10:40! Amazing!
Anonymous said…
Does it go really fast, i.e. is it a bit of a charger? Or has Trevor, of that same surname, branched out into buses? (Now have another look at the posting.)
Anonymous said…
Sorry, I meant, 'Have another look at your own comment'.
Alan said…
Aha! All is clear!

Yes - that should, of course, be a night bus.

Incidentally, when one refers to the four great statues of reformers in Geneva, should one refer to Guillaume Farel, Jean Calvin (or Cauvin), Theodore de Bèze and Jean Ker-nox?

A friend here tells me that foreign names never change.

Huh! Ours did!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen