On reading challenges

I guess I must read about two or three books a month, on average.

I read books to review them on the blog here, and you can find these by clicking on the label "Books". This year I've usually reviewed a book each month, sometimes two, fewer towards the end of the year with the house move looming. These were all from Christian authors and publishers, and usually books about some aspect of christian thinking, living or history.

Then we used to attend a reading group and so we would read one book a month for that. These were usually novels.

Then there'd be other books I read for specific reasons or just for interest.

It's no longer the heady days of single life in Cardiff when I would put Sibelius on the record player (remember those?) and sprawl on the sofa with a good book all evening, but it's still not a bad score for someone like me.

I like the idea of having a target of 60 or more books in a year, but something about it also repels me. I'm not going to do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen