Well that was fun!

Today we met up with James Hammond of GBM and Jim Sayers also of GBM for lunch. We ended up in the Hippopotamus Grill, where the steaks were very good, and then after a post-prandial discussion we hot-footed it, somewhat later than usual, to Dan for Bordeaux Church.

At lunch the waiter brought up some wine and poured some in my glass for me to give my approval. I saw from the label that it was a Saint Emilion.
I said, "J'en sais vraiment rien."
The waiter laughed.
"Mais je fais semblant."
He laughed again, "Comme tout le monde."
It was actually very nice. "Ah non, c'est bon!" quoth I.

The Dutchies were coming for the service - that made 9 people - as well as Harriette, Alexandra and Myriam. But we knew that some of our folk would be away, so I thought we'd be OK for chairs.

However some folk came who haven't been for a good few weeks, and in the end we were 32 people - one more than the number of chairs (Harriet sat on the steps) and another two people arrived very late, looked through the window and went away again!

After the service we had hot food - pizzas ordered from the pizza shop. A crazy, chaotic crowd!

Jim preached from Acts 2 v 1 - 11 and I interpreted for him. I had a copy of his script in front of me and, with the usual standard of competence one expects of Alan, started interpreting a point he hadn't actually made yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen