Book review : Mike McKinley : The Resurrection In Your Life

This book wasn't at all what I expected, mainly because it's a long time since I read McKinley's previous book : Passion. I was expecting a closely argued, systematically structured, theological and practical discussion of the doctrine of the resurrection - perhaps beginning with a section on the evidence or the resurrection. What I got was a book based on a sermon series from the end of Luke's Gospel and the beginning of Acts.

And it's a really good book. In the course of ten chapters McKinley talks about the centrality of the doctrine of the risen Christ for the faith of His people, for the life of His Church and for the future of the His world. He deals with God's plan of salvation, God's peace for the disciple, God's pattern for the church, God's gift of the Holy Spirit, God's programme for the world.

I think pastors could give this book to almost any member of their congregation, and most would find their faith encouraged, their vision clarified and their zeal honed.

There are light touches of humour. There are study questions suitable for sparking off group discussions. It's a good book and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

I received a copy of the book free in return for a review. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen