Ah non ! Il faut un justificatif de domicile, quand même !

I tried to sign up for something. The sign outside the office said you needed a "justificatif de domicile". This is French for an electric or gas bill. You always need a justificatif de domicile for everything you try and do, but I had forgotten again and the sign was inappropriately placed outside the office instead of inside our front door. So I didn't have one.

I said, "I don't have my justificatif de domicile."

Oh well, then we can do nothing !

Yes, but I am in the phone book and it has my address.

Oh no, you need a justificatif de domicile !

Look, here's my cheque book and it has my address on it...

Oh no, you need a justificatif de domicile. You have ten days to come back with your justifcatic de domicile.

Oh well, I tried...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen