les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Ah non ! Il faut un justificatif de domicile, quand même !

I tried to sign up for something. The sign outside the office said you needed a "justificatif de domicile". This is French for an electric or gas bill. You always need a justificatif de domicile for everything you try and do, but I had forgotten again and the sign was inappropriately placed outside the office instead of inside our front door. So I didn't have one.

I said, "I don't have my justificatif de domicile."

Oh well, then we can do nothing !

Yes, but I am in the phone book and it has my address.

Oh no, you need a justificatif de domicile !

Look, here's my cheque book and it has my address on it...

Oh no, you need a justificatif de domicile. You have ten days to come back with your justifcatic de domicile.

Oh well, I tried...

No comments: