To Aix-en-Provence for a Carrefour Théologique

So this morning I got up at 4am to get ready to catch the 5:11 bus from Pessac Alouette to get to the station for the 6:15 train to Aix-en-Provence via Marseille.

I was a little concerned in case the bus didn't come but Pat said if there was a problem she'd drive me to the station. Also as I waited for the bus a beat up old Fiat Panda parked opposite the stop and a woman left the car and came and waited for the bus too.

It came.

I had to change buses at Costedoat (I am not at all sure how that is pronounced !) to get the 11 to the station. However just after the Barrière de Pessac the bus was diverted. Oh no ! I asked the driver what I should do. AT Palais de Justice get the 16, he said.

I looked at the timetable for the 16 on my phone. My bus arrived at the Palais at 5:29 and the 16 left there at 5:30. Uncomfortably tight.

As we arrived at the Palais I saw a bus at the lights. Squinting revealed that it was the 16. My driver honked. I waved. The 16's driver waited, and I got to the station in time. Cheers, mates !

Comments

minternational said…
Well, I always thought Carrefour was a hypermarket, remembering ads from life in Pwllheli in the 70s, when on TV they used to jingle 'Carrefour - worth travelling far for'.

So in my mind I have the picture of a Theological Hypermarket - a bit like Valley Books but with talking.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen