les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Etude biblique

At present the student Bible studies are, like Gaul, divided into three parts. One part is a chapter by chapter study on 1 Peter. Another is an overview to memorise of Mark's gospel. The third is hints for outreach. This week this latter part falls to me, and I am to give hints and tips on speaking to JWs.

Having had my flabber completely gasted by the beliefs of my JW friends last Wednesday ( I am glad that I did not know in advance - or had forgotten - that they believe that their literal 144,000 or thereabouts transmogrify into angels - I was genuinely shocked when they said that and I still am ! And why were they so cagey about Moses ? ) I wonder if I am well-placed to pass on afore-mentioned hints.

No comments: