"Hey, look, I said in the beginning that we wouldn't do your Bible studies

but that we'd just meet up and read the Bible together !" (Writing out your Bible study verses on a post-it note and sticking it to the page of your Bible does not change that...)

So it was that we read in John 3 about the new birth and talked about that very nicely. I took them to Ezekiel 36 but I could tell they weren't very impressed. Then we went swanning off into Jesus' two flocks and then the big and little crowds from Revelation 7 via Daniel 2. Gérard insisted that some are those who were born again and then were turned into angels to go to heaven (!) while the others are the others who weren't, aren't and don't. I insisted that some were Jews and others were Gentiles but both were now integrated into one flock in Jesus Christ. (It does say that, to be fair, so I wasn't being very clever.)

Eventually Nicole said "Hang on Gérard, we're going round in circles here !"

So I told them about the danger of winning arguments but losing souls, and how winning the discussion was neither here nor there, because the consequences of what we discuss are so enormous. "I can see where you're coming from", said Nicole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen