We cancelled the English Service this evening

because in the French church we were holding our Fête de Noël (songs and stories for Christmastide), but some new people turned up anyway, so we held an informal impromptu time and it was good to round the day off like that.

It had started with the Culte de Noël at Anglade. There's a nice electronic piano in the church but no pianist so we sang unaccompanied but Catrin and I took our flutes and we played some carols before and after the service and during the offering - simple things, she played the melody and I the tenor line for Silent night, In dulci jubilo and Away in a manger. The service went well, really.

I have to tell you about the corps de ballet. I had a message from a ballet dancer asking about a carol service. I explained that that was last week, but that there's a bilingual service on Christmas Day and that after that any folks that want to will eat and play together. We may watch Aladdin together, too. And the Queen, if we can ! So I hope they come !

Life is so unpredictable. I love it !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen