OK. This haircut

So long overdue that I was considering adopting the traditional "Welsh manic bard" style, with long flowing locks swept vaguely back. French arty types wear their hair a similar way... Anyway I didn't. I went to the new salon clutching my money off voucher.

I was greeted like a new best friend and had to give my full name (which they promptly mis-spelt), birthday (not date), address and grandmothers' maiden names and place of birth. Then they led me to the shearing.

It started with a hairwash. Nothing new there. Ha ! Think again ! The coiffeur flicked a switch on the chair and I started moving. It lifted my legs in the air and started massaging my back while my head was upside down in the sink.

The massage was almost pleasant. The ripples up either side of your spine were OK, but I wasn't sure about the end of the movement which was a bit like being poked very hard in the shoulder-blades with a full packet of cornflakes. Meanwhile my hair was shampooed to within an inch of its life. Longtemps.

Afterwards the little coiffeur started cutting. He cut very well and we chatted about his background and his life in France. He's Hmong.

He said, "It must be two months since you had your hair cut !"

I thought that it may well be longer, but since this seemed to be a very serious point to him I just shrugged and tried to look as if this was significant to me !

Perhaps I should go and get my hair cut more often than I do. Once my shoulder-blades have stopped aching.

Comments

Gary Benfold said…
Some of us would love to have hair to cut...
Ken said…
Hear, hear Gary. I wish mine would have stayed around long enough for it to have the opportunity of going grey. (That's 'gray' to your trans-pond readers wot fancies dey spika da reel Eenglis.)

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen