No driving today

Today I accompanied our Scottish Secretary into the UFM Glasgow office and we got ready some materials for the brief Scottish stage of the visit. Then I hopped on the train for Edinburgh to meet up with the Metrocalvinist. Once we had found each other we went to the Elephant House cafe (where the Harry Potter books were written). A nice espresso, possibly the best view I have ever seen from a cafe and a nice talk about France and stuff.

I hopped on the Glasgow train, then realised it was the wrong Glasgow train. At Glasgow Central Station I asked the ticket man how to get to Charing Cross. You don't go to Charing Cross from here, he said. You go there from Queen Street.

...

So how do I get to Queen Street from here ? My helper shook his head, but his colleague said that there was a shuttle bus from outside the station. So it was that a 45 minute journey took 2 1/2 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen