Au revoir Deeside

It was wonderful to be at Deeside last night. Just brilliant.

But hard to leave.

I nipped into Bethany Books and drank un petit café with Carla and Grace, then slunk off. At present I am pausing at the Macdonalds in Newtown to eat comfort food (ice cream) and drink a cup of tea before carrying on the South Wales.

In the car I thought about leaving well-loved things behind and how things remain special to us anyway.

I am being helped en route by listening to some cds of last Sunday's services ( actually 30 March, I think. It's Martin, anyway ) that I half-inched from the church on the way out. Well - I didn't really lift them. Rebecca said I could have them.

OK. Swansea next.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Going to South Wales eh? There's brave; you'll need more than ice cream and tea for comfort - you'll need something with the power to induce amnesia or unconsciousness, or both!
Alan said…
There's cheeky, isn't it !
Hi Alan

It was lovely to have you back with us for a short while and great to hear about what's going on in France wit you. Sorry we couldn't stay for long, I think Mum had to nip back to check on David, whose fine by the way and really loving his job at the moment.

Hope the rest of your deputizing goes well and that it won't be too long before we catch up again

Aled

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen