Nearly home

Here I am in the Swansea area, which is much nicer than I realised, and contemplating my last church visit before returning to Bordeaux tomorrow. Last night I was at Llanelli Evangelical Church, tonight at Ebenezer Baptist Church, Swansea. It has been a great joy to visit the churches and to renew fellowship with people, to report on the work in Bordeaux and to thank them for their partnership in the work.

Yesterday I had another satnav moment. It was when I went for a meeting with Peter Milsom and John Mark Teeuwen at Peter's house. Firstly my mobile phone's sim card that is supposed to work internationally has not been reliable. It has difficulty connecting with the network, so I usually can't phone people and sometimes can't send sms messages. Then I realised that I had forgotten the name of Peter's road.

So I stopped at a Macdonalds to use the free wifi to search on the internet for his address and found it, complete with postcode. However, when I entered the postcode into the satnav it said it didn't exist.

Some time later, after getting lost, asking in a garage (they didn't know the street or have a map), then deciding to trust my vague memories of going there some 12 years ago and to guess wherever my memory failed, I just pulled up outside the house as Peter sent me a sms with directions to it.

They have changed his postcode and the satnav knew but the internet didn't.

Anyway - this afternoon I must decant the teabags from boxes into the pockets of my dirty clothes, then pack my bag and try to ensure that it weighs less than 20 kg. It's all go !

Comments

Anonymous said…
'Decant teabags from boxes into the pockets of my DIRTY(?) clothes eh? You won't be offended if visitors to chez Davey decline victuals will you?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen