At the hairdressers

At the hairdressers all the stylists are slim and young,
but the man next to me is huge.

At the hairdressers they have these bright lights and big mirrors
that make your gray hairs shine out
like shooting stars in the night sky.

At the hairdressers they ask you
if you want them to do a tour of your ears.
Yes please.

At the hairdressers I know how to get my hair layered,
but not how to ask for it to be thinned.
They thin my hair anyway.

At the hairdressers I have big bags under my eyes,
but the man next to me is balding.

At the hairdressers I wonder if
I'd look better if I shaved -
every morning -
forget it.

At the hairdressers I feel old and foreign,
but it still feels good when they wash your hair
and the man next to me is a nice guy, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen