Some admin

Yesterday I visited two agencies of state, having dowloaded the forms from the internet. Firstly the Caisse d'Allocation Familiale, to apply to receive child benefit.

"That's no good for a declaration of resources", said the lady, rejecting my December pay slip. "You must complete one of these".
She gave me a form specifying our household income from Jan to Dec, 2004.
"2004?", quoth I.
"Yea, verily".
I shall have to work it out from bank statements, tax return etc. because our old British tax year ran April - March.

Caisse Primaire de l'Assurance Maladie next, 1) to try to enrol in the French health care system and 2) to ascertain how to reclaim what we have already spent out in health care.

1) the lady said "That's no good for a declaration of resources, you need to fill in one of these. It's a statement of household income for Jan - Dec 2005."
"2005?" quoth I, "the lady at CAF said 2004".
"No - it's 2006 now so it should be 2005."
So I will have to work that out separately from bank statements, tax return etc.
She said not to worry if I do not have supporting evidence for what I say as I am signing on my honour anyway.
She also said I need a "certificate of radiation from the english regime". At present we are uncertain whether we want to leave the english regime completely, so we are going to get advice from our experts in the UK.

2) the lady said "C'est vachement compliqué!" I have to send to the CPAM central office my forms, my bank details, a recto-verso (both sides) photocopy of our European Health Cards and a note saying that I am awaiting my certificate of radiation from the english regime.

So not a bad result, really for an afternoon's admin. One positive result, one on hold and two extra forms to fill in. About par for the course!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen