New trews!

Some time ago I got these new chinos, very racy (for me) a kind of terracotta colour. To me they were a daringly reddish colour. To anyone else in the whole world they're brown. Anyway, I have loved these trousers, but now the sun has faded them to a kind of comfortable colour of wet sand. I still love them, but they are not a uniform colour and they look... old and loved.

So for some time I have known I must get some new trews.

Not only that but running has taken a few centimetres off here and there, so my trousers now often remind of old curtains that never had the tapes adjusted - they kind of hang from my belt in irregular, scruffy swags. If I want to avoid this I can slide the excess round, gather it and have a kind of pleated area at the back. I can't imagine what this looks like but until my neck is a whole lot more flexible I will never be confronted with it so hey...

Alternatively I can just let the belt go with the trousers and have a kind of low-slung look, a bit like those off the shoulder blousey gypsy bodice things... I was forced to do this at the airport when I took my belt off to go through the scanner, but you can't walk far like that, especially not carrying something. Enough said.

So I went by bus to Carrefour, my preferred trews emporium, and I went down a size. I found three pairs of trews that would do. A nice quality navy pair that was too big, and a khaki pair and a beige pair, both of inferior quality but the right size and significantly cheaper. You gotta get the right size, haven't you, and the khaki pair looked like I'd fallen in nasty, sticky mud, so I've gone beige.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen