The Chinese group

Last time I was at the Chinese group it was Valentine's day and I was asked to talk about marriage - and of course, I was glad to do so.

I suggested that perhaps if wished I could speak about relationships, singleness, contentment and so on from 1 Corinthians 7 the next time.

So in Sanary my mind turned to this subject, but I was a good boy and didn't go haring off into commentaries while on holiday.

So on the Friday when I got a message saying, "Tomorrow in the Chinese group, where in Colossians are we?", I was quite glad. I could bring out one of my favourite messages from Colossians 1 from this year and preach on something a bit easier than 1 Corinthians 7.

I want to ask you to pray for the Chinese group.

Some years ago there were the bumper years of the triumvirate, or the three wise man. One avuncular older man who saw his mission as to provide a family for all the Chinese students. One new convert, very gifted and a good team man. One older convert, wised up and with a bit of background. With their energy the group grew immensely. I remember a Chinese New Year where Chinese ravioli was prepared in a makeshift kitchen for 80 people and a room full of new contacts.

Now the group is much smaller and the current leaders, gentle, wise and in some ways, dynamic people, are looking to renew their strategies for reaching the Chinese.

My role can only be to encourage, propose and suggest. I can't do anything at all in Mandarin. And that's a good thing. But they're working on new cards to print and distribute, they'll renew the website, they'll do what they can to get things going once more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen