les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sunny Tuesday

So Tuesday began at Villenave d'Ornon where colleague Pete/Pierre from Marseille was to be introduced to colleague Marc from Alsace, but who has been pastoring a church in Bordeaux for eight years and is well placed to reflect on the Bordeaux evangelical scene.

I got the 8am bus from Alouette and happily meandered through parts of Bordeaux I never normally see: the parks, estates and hyper-centre of Gradignan and the lesser trodden paths of lower Villenave d'Ornon.

Afterwards our conversation we hauled ourselves to our house where colleague Tim talked to Pete/Pierre about demographics while I threw together some spaghettis carbonaras.

Then Tim went off to work on his masters while I took Pete/Pierre to Cenon, we caught the tram to the Mairie de Lormont, descended the hill to the river and took the BATcub so Pete/Pierre could see a bit more of Bordeaux.

Afterwards to Maison de la Bible to see Mrs Davey, then Pete/Pierre had a hospital visit to do while I was off to meet the International Club of Bordeaux's Genial Ramblers.

I arrived and perceived the group. All women ! Eeeeekkkkk ! So I watched until they set off and I was sure no male rambler had joined the group, then fled in mild discomfort !



No comments: