les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Have I been in France too long ?

While in Auchan the other day I was taking the escalator to the middle floor and it went passed the apéritif aisle.

It always has.

But never before did I notice the effect it had on me this time. I craved,  I LUSTED for Lillet.

Lillet is a popular apéritif in Bordeaux. It's kind of like Sherry or Port, a mix of wine and other stuff - in this case "fruit liqueurs".

The type of fruit is unspecified. I suspect, like with mixed fruit jam, that it's turnip and rhubarb. Anyway, the result is a sweet, syrupy liquid that puts you in the mood to eat.

Or so the theory goes.

Of course I didn't buy any. That stuff is not cheap !

So picture my surprise when we went to the flat warming of a friend and there in the midst of the table was a bottle of ... Lillet.

Well that's that craving sorted for perhaps a year at least...

No comments: