Waiting for the Great Unified Study Bible

For years I really liked the NIV Study Bible.

Then the ESV Study Bible came out.

Then the ESV Reformation Study Bible. I was saving up for that one... Then I found an app. Saves a lot of space on bookshelf and on desk.

Then the Proclamation Trust NIV Study Bible, which I REALLY WANT...

But now I have heard that there's the ESV Gospel Transformation Study Bible - here's 20 great quotes.

OK. Here's what I'll do. I'll wait for the Great Unified Study Bible that combines all these excellent works.

As long as it doesn't have the Woman Thou Art Loosed Study Bible, Scofield et al...

Let's face it. It's not going to happen, is it...


Comments

Stephen Dunning said…
I have just received an NIV Proclamation Bible. I haven't had time to look at it in detail, but my initial opinion is to be dissapointed.

It consists of the text of the NIV2011, 63 pages of articles at the beginning and a page and a half introduction to each book of the Bible. And that's it.

Without the text of the Bible it would have been a 100 page paperback, and much cheaper.

I was expecting suggestions on preaching most passages.

Tim Keller says it is the best study Bible there is, but I think that Study Bible is a misnomer. It is not a study Bible just because of a few articles and an introduction to each book.
Alan said…
Some people don't like study Bibles because they don't like having notes on the same page as the Bible text.

For such people a Study Bible that had no notes on the same page as the Bible text would be the best Study Bible !

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen