To Carrefour or not to Carrefour ?

For three of us it's been a time of decisions. There's a two day conference at the Faculty of Theology at Aix-en-Provence, HOURS away by train and we don't want to take our cars for various reasons. However three of us were keen to go, so we have tried to sort out overnight accommodation in Aix. Well imagine adding the (modest) cost of the conference to the (less modest) train fare and the (immodest) hotel price ! Other avenues ("I know someone who might know someone") have thus far proved fruitless. 

So I was poised to phone and cancel my booking (I don't think the others had booked). But there's one more possibility - is there a student at the Faculty who would lend me their floor... So I am holding off cancelling.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Alan - do you know any AWM missionaries still in or near Aix?

We still have some contacts there - wonder if they are the ones you might have already tried?

Do you want to be actually in Aix?

and when exactly is the conference???

janice
Alan said…
I personally don't have any contacts in Aix itself, though a good friend lives out in the bush. Because we won't have a car there it would be much better to be in Aix itself. The conference is 17 - 19 February. I never even thought of contacting you ! Typical of me. Doh !

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen