It's a beautiful day here

One of those sunny warm days that January sometimes slips you to make you cast clouts before surprising you with 9 degrees of frost and horizontal hailstorms. Anyway, while it lasts it's glorious.

And well-timed. The sun shines into the new building, so the room was very cheerful and happy this morning.

Meanwhile I was hot-footing my way to Anglade, firstly through the fog over the big wide grey-green Dordogne river, then through sun-bathed vineyards dotted with hamlets. The Blaye countryside is sometimes rather bland and unattractive but this morning it glowed.

The service went OK - I preached from Philippians 3 and there was a new lady at church, originally from Ouagadougou, so I told her about the Griffins and she told me the name of her old pastor and I forgot it straight away and so on.

The journey home was over the millpond-smooth beautiful Dordogne river and then home to a simple lunch because this evening the Anglophone Phellowship are eating together - pork and prune casserole, nice and rich cooked a long time in the slow-cooker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen