A grand day off

Yesterday was my day off, and an extra special one because Gwilym is on work experience in a garage round the corner and Catrin's school has exchanges and foreign visits galore, so they both started at 9am ! So why did I still wake at 5 am ? Oh well...

Kids sent off, the day's jamboree began with the traditional supermarket trolley-dash - then the kids were home for lunch. In the afternoon I hacked at some trees in the garden while Pat went off to her French group.

Also some time for some trombone practice. In my book of studies I'd said "What about this one ," pointing to something easy with 2 flats. "No, this one." said his nibs. It has 5 flats (Grot flat minor ?) and begins with staccato leaps of a sixth.

Also to translate the information leaflet for the purchase of the church building. I'll take some to Scotland with me.

Catrin leaves for Spain tomorrow on a quick jaunt to Bilbao to see the Guggenheim ! Gwilym enjoyed his day in the garage, changing a tyre on an X5, doing an oil change service on something or other, then removing the gear-box on a police car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen